Staining a fabric is most easy, but hard to get rid off. Most stains occur due to spillage of food and beverages. In order to successfully remove a stain from the fabric the basic principle is not to allow the stain or spot to become set. A stain or spot if washed at the first possible opportunity will be easy to remove as the stain dissolves when it is fresh.
Knowledge about the nature of the stain helps you to remove it immediately, by employing the use of appropriate method along with the correct removal agent. There are various methods which can be employed to remove turmeric stains:
– On clothes turmeric stains can be removed by rubbing a dry detergent bar soap over it and leaving it for an hour before washing it off.
– Another remedy is to wash the stained clothes or kitchen linen immediately in cool water and soap. Dry in the sun and see the stain fade to a very pale pink. Wash the cloth or kitchen linen to see the turmeric stain disappear.
-To remove tough turmeric stains rub a lemon on the stain. Thereafter, apply milk on the stain and wash with any detergent.
– A solution named ‘carbona’ available in the market can be used, as it removes stains easily or a small amount of bleaching powder when rubbed on a stain and left for 15 minutes and washed in cold water will help to remove it.
– You can also apply glycerin to the spill and let it sit for 30 to 60 minutes. Blot it with paper towels, removing all turmeric you can. Wash with a detergent.
– Apply hydrogen peroxide (drug store) variety to the stain and allow it to bleach the yellow color out. Then wash as usual.
– An effective remedy to remove stain is to apply detergent solution and blot. Apply vinegar solution and blot. Apply enzyme detergent and blot. If the stain still remains, use of a rust remover (oxalic acid solution) or bleaching may be necessary.
– Rubbing a lemon wedge on the area and leaving it to dry in direct sunlight will also be of good help.
– Make a paste of water and soap and rub it on both sides of the stained cloth. When dry pour hot water on it from a height of about 2 meters to see the turmeric stain vanish.
– Last but not the least apart from your favorite dress if you have stained your carpet with turmeric use 2 drops of sprite (soda) on the affected area and rub gently with a wet paper towel to see the stain removed. Go ahead and try these tips. Hope they will be of good use.
To know more about such tips and tricks and shop more and more beautiful Indian clothes, shop online from www.utsavsarees.com for rewarding shopping experience.